About Me and Some Sites I've Used

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

TheIrishPhilosopher
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: ASP.NET (work related)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amstrad 464+, Gameboy, PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: c#

Re: About Me and Some Sites I've Used

Post by TheIrishPhilosopher »

Thank you for the links, that's given me a lot to look at over the weekend!

I've found 3D Buzz very useful, they have a wide variety of topics (including Unity and Unreal SDK) and I bought a couple of their DVD's
Strangely very entertaining and you do learn a fair bit as you work through the projects.
Life is essentially about exploring, finding our way through a maze of faces, ideas..and different beers!
xx6heartless6xx
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by xx6heartless6xx »

Would you guys recommend nehe or videotutorialsrock for learning beginner OpenGL?
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

Sorry for late reply.
TheIrishPhilosopher wrote:Thank you for the links, that's given me a lot to look at over the weekend!

I've found 3D Buzz very useful, they have a wide variety of topics (including Unity and Unreal SDK) and I bought a couple of their DVD's
Strangely very entertaining and you do learn a fair bit as you work through the projects.
3D buzz is great, but if you ever want free stuff the other sites are much better resources.
xx6heartless6xx wrote:Would you guys recommend nehe or videotutorialsrock for learning beginner OpenGL?
Videotutorialsrock is probably easier to follow, but check out both because NeHe is a very good resource and has a whole library of OpenGL tutorials that most of us can vouch for.
mattheweston
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Breakout clone, Unnamed 2D RPG
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, XBOX360
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Post by mattheweston »

Where do you put your stuff for tiling? Do you have a tile class and a map(collection of tiles) class?