Today is the day the DS died.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Today is the day the DS died.

Post by Falco Girgis »

It's about time too. Looks like Nintendo did nothing but bluff and promise things that just haven't happened. I played DJ Yoshi's PSP today at lunch, and this is the end of the DS. Stupid Nintendo, tried to convince gamers it actually had a chance.

First of all, the PSP is sexy. Just damn sexy, period. The screen is so big and nice. The graphics rival approximately Dreamcast and PS2. It already makes the DS look graphically obsolete. As if just to rub it in the DS's face, the PSP can hold 14 DS carts in one of them little mini-discs and has a multiplayer range of 4 times as far as the DS.

Not to mention the PSP already has more games than the DS has since its launch. The PSP has some goods out already. The DS had one freakin' game. That game was a port of something almost a decade old now. Then there was Wario Ware Touched which was nice, but just not full game material.

I'm sorry for all of you that wasted so much money on a DS. It's over. It really and truly is.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I agree whole heartedly. And about Wario Ware Touched..... I beat it in less then an hour. Truely pathetic.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

My friend had it and I played it. I'm not hating or anything as I'm personally a pretty big Wario Ware <anything> fan. But c'mon, they could make them longer and/or add a storymode or some sort of other gameplay.
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by 1st_Movement »

what else can the PSP do besides games music and movies? I heard about it playing PSX discs...but thats not true is it?

basically...what can the PSP do?
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

What I'm pissed off about is that Sony's spending too much time making systems that play music and movies. I've read at least 20 reveiws on the PSP, and none of the articles I read had anything about PSP games. Just movies and music. If Sony wants to start making money, I suggest that they move to handheld machines that DON'T play games (Just music and movies).
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
vmrob
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vmrob »

as i mentioned in one of my other posts, have any of you seen one accually working? the first thing i noticed (besides it's amazingly beautiful appearance ) is the framerate! gaa! it makes me think of this computer i am using now. 8mb integrated gfx card!
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

I saw it on TV and the framerate didn't look too bad.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Wilson_industries wrote:as i mentioned in one of my other posts, have any of you seen one accually working? the first thing i noticed (besides it's amazingly beautiful appearance ) is the framerate! gaa! it makes me think of this computer i am using now. 8mb integrated gfx card!
4mb actually.
There is no signature.
vmrob
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vmrob »

your telling me that this computer is only 4????!?!?!?!? crap! and it has the integrated sound. wow. think it's time for an upgrade
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Thought you were talking about the PSP. It has a 4 mb graphics chip.
There is no signature.
vmrob
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vmrob »

well still. that is half the worthlessness of this computer. HALF! wow. this is like the day when my dad got a pocket pc that surpassed the speed of our computer at the time.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Is integrated sound when the computer has no sound card, it just creates the sounds itself or something?
vmrob
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vmrob »

Is integrated sound when the computer has no sound card, it just creates the sounds itself or something?
yeah, the computer uses the cpu to do the sound instead of passing it to a *soundcard*, it just uses more system resources. i can't play leiro with sound.. :(
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Getting back on topic:

I don't necessarily think the DS is dead. They could still make cards (what the games are stored on, for those of you who've been living in caves for the past 4 months) that contain movies and TV shows. I'm basically sticking up for it since I've been a Nintendo loyalist since I was 5, but this is really something I think Nintndo'd do if the competition got fierce enough. They've got tons of games that are planned to be released this year, some which look really good. I'm not dissing the PSP, since it does look amazing, but think. Ninteno, besides Atari and some consoles that never made it, was the first to start making games.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!