Ummm... do you guys not have today (Friday 4/28/05) off?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Ummm... do you guys not have today (Friday 4/28/05) off?

Post by Falco Girgis »

Today is a weather make-up day. I don't know why, I just assumed that all of our forum members would have today off.

I stayed up all night last night and just got up. It's noon. I've been playing Saturn all day and reading Harry Potter by night. I'm getting ready for some programming now.

Ahhh... this is the life!
Cronicgoat
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Cronicgoat »

It's actually the 29th, but yeah I'm here.
Stoppen Sie, das bolgna zu bumsen
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Cronicgoat wrote:It's actually the 29th, but yeah I'm here.
damnit, my internal clock is all screwy after staying up all night reading Harry Potter and playing MegaMan Legends...
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Nope, didn't get teh day off. Too bad though. I had to dress up today to recieve a math award in front of the school.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Cronicgoat
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Cronicgoat »

JS Lemming wrote:Nope, didn't get teh day off. Too bad though. I had to dress up today to recieve a math award in front of the school.
Are you really that intelligent or did they just feel sorry for you?
:(|):
Stoppen Sie, das bolgna zu bumsen
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I think it was a mixture of both. :|

Why do people always assume good grades = smart? You can't base intelligence on academics alone. Maybe their willpower, but not how smart they are. I know ALOT of straight A students who don't have the ability to be clever on the spur-of-the-moment. Memorizing facts is useless, and isn't linked to how intelligent you are. Atleast that's my theory.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, look at JSL. He can't spell for crap. j/k! :mrgreen:

Nah, JSL is a rare case where he is both mentally and academically capable. Arce on the other hand... straight As for years, but look at him.

:guffaw:
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

:guffaw: Hehehe.

Yeah. Unfortunately, tornado season begins in Kansas right when school ends, so the only weather days we get off are snow days and days when it flash floods.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

FredDibnah wrote:I think it was a mixture of both. :|
What is that suposed to mean? Why would they feel sorry for me? Do you think I go home every night and memorize random trivia facts or something? Fred, I can't help the fact that you fail "slow" math. And what the freak does this have to do with spelling and english? I asume when you say "don't have the ability to be clever on the spur-of-the-moment" you mean with thinking up clever things to say in a conversation? Because thats retarded. Grr... you fools are making me an-gery.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I bet that you wish you weren't too "cool" to cuss right now. It feels so nice just to say: God damnit, you guys are assholes! But nope, for some reason you feel that's a moral wrong. :roll:

But I was really kidding about saying JSL can't spell. I know he doesn't memorize crap, the kid is just smart.

Oh, and Fred and math. :guffaw:

Post by Guest »

Friday I played Mr. Adventure with Marauder and helped him spot bugs, and I walked. Basically all. Oh, yeah, and I played video games most the day. :mrgreen:

What's this about my intelligence? I don't base intelligence on academics, I personally base it on IQ. Not those gay online IQ tests that don't tell shit, but a real, 4 hour with a professional, IQ test. Not memorizing facts, just plain out brain functioning.

I know JS Lemming has a high IQ of more than 130 because he's in Gifted or whatever they call it in Tennessee.

And Fred, you've been fucking ownt! Nice one JS Lemming! :lol:
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

FredDibnah wrote:I think it was a mixture of both. :|
What is that suposed to mean? Why would they feel sorry for me?

I was kidding.

Do you think I go home every night and memorize random trivia facts or something?

No...I was referring to the insanely irrevelant facts you're forced to study in school. "The Syrians won their independence in 1809." So what? When will this knowledge be useful to me?

Fred, I can't help the fact that you fail "slow" math.

The reason I do poorly in slow math is because I hate it and couldn't care less about it. Does that make me stupid? No. Arce, that is exactly the kind attitude about grades these days that sickens me. "Oh, he fails math, he's a moron." It's because I don't try. I just don't have the will. I'd much rather read Angels & Demons in Mrs. Mittura's than here her whine about quadratic equations. As long as I'm passing, I don't care. I've got better things to do. I do well in everything else because I care about them and I try.

And what the freak does this have to do with spelling and english?

You'll have to ask Gyro that one.

I asume when you say "don't have the ability to be clever on the spur-of-the-moment" you mean with thinking up clever things to say in a conversation? Because thats retarded. Grr... you fools are making me an-gery.

You assumed incorrectly. That was pertaining to what Arce said, IQ. Your ability to reason and solve a problem without just memorizing a formula or vocabulary list. JSL's very smart, but I'm not saying that because he makes good grades, anyone who knows him knows he's obviously an astute fellow. And quick-wittedness in coversations is a common characteristic of intelligent people, but that's not what I was talking about.

Oh and Arce, as you can see I am most certainly not "ownt." JSL assumed my post was directed towards him, and took it personal. It was actually directed to everyone in general.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Arce wrote:Friday I played Mr. Adventure with Marauder and helped him spot bugs, and I walked. Basically all. Oh, yeah, and I played video games most the day. :mrgreen:

What's this about my intelligence? I don't base intelligence on academics, I personally base it on IQ. Not those gay online IQ tests that don't tell shit, but a real, 4 hour with a professional, IQ test. Not memorizing facts, just plain out brain functioning.

I know JS Lemming has a high IQ of more than 130 because he's in Gifted or whatever they call it in Tennessee.

And Fred, you've been fucking ownt! Nice one JS Lemming! :lol:
Do we even have that program thing down here in AL? I dunno, because my 'membership' or whatever didn't carry over when I came down. I didn't care enough to change that though. Especially not in high school.

Anyways, yeah, grades are for shit.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Aight Fred. Just a misunderstanding yo.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

So when does your summer break start?