What are you going to do with your life?

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

What are you going to do with your life?

Post by JS Lemming »

Seriously. When I look around, I see millions of people doing truly meaningless tasks to earn a small bit of money. Everyday, for the rest of their lives... they do these little things that don't amount to anything. They take their small bit of money and pay the bills and whatnot and spend the rest on a few nice things now and then. And it's almost like they don't even mind. I'd rather die than live a life like that. What's the point of living? Where's the glory? The adventure? Am I the only one who feels this way?

The next time you're in school. Look at your teacher. Try to imagine that you are him/her. Realize that what you are doing now, you will do everyday for years and years and years. Until you can finally retire and die. That teacher just wasted his life. Those ignorant brats won't remember him and why should they? It's just a waste. And for what? To pay the bills? Is that what life is? Screw that.

You know what's sad? I see myself headed in the direction of those millions of idiots who do meaningless tasks to live. I currently don't see a way out of it. Society is too fixed in that train of thought. I am trying to think of ways out... but it might end of being to late...

So... what do you peeps want to do when you grow up? Do you acknowledge that your life will be meaningless? Maybe I'm just crazy. Really.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Heart_Flame »

i see what you mean... we are like ants, aren't we? We work, and work, and work, just to keep ourselves alive? What else is there?
Life, waste, meaningless... are what you define them as, your ultimate goal is what you define for yourself... what you consider meaningless may be fulfilling to another.
The thirst for knowledge, to explore, to expand... is that what drives us? Is it religion even though not every person believes the same thing? Is it love, is it money?
What is meaningless to you may be meaningful to another... think about it.

...as for me, what I want to do when I grow up, aah, that is kinda undecided... I either want to be a graphics artist, game maker, writer, or an actor, i guess whichever of these i do better at I would like to be.
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Read A Purpose Driven Life it is really good, I've got it and I can lend it to you when I finish it if you'd like.

The book goes on to teach about how the meaningless futilities of life can be chunked in lieu of a God driven purposeful life. And thats just cool.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
Join the Red Tigers Battalion! Ventrilo - 204.11.33.45
Sarah Staples wrote:Lapis the cartoon bunny teaches how to reach orgasm...
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I think the best way for me to give back to God is to create things to help people have better lives. Free energy and pure water are tops on my list.

I'm just saying that society is blind, stupid, and wasted... And I can't change society very well in my current state.
Heart_Flame
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Heart_Flame »

with our society the way it is... i doubt that will happen any time soon, sadly... but it takes people like you to get it started - done!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

YES! VICTORY FOR THE PROLETARIAT!

I HATE Jack Thompson.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I can say I do have some ambitious ideas that will help alter society (at least the societies I create). Imagine huge floating cities throughout the ocean (They would use the concept that barges use to float, pressurized steal compartments joined together with the city built on top). These cities will contain no material money. Everyone's "credits" will be maintained by The Computer. And no weapons (firearms) will be allowed on board. This will cut down on crime. These cities will also contain "special" schools. Schools where any person of any age at any time can go in and learn about any topic they want for free. The teachers will be perfect at what they do because they are AI (the AI themselves trained by the best teachers on the planet). I haven't really thought of an interface between people and the AI much but I promise it won't be through the boring monitors that we have today.

I'm also pondering a stock market style system that is controlled completely by computers. No humans involved. Think of the efficiency! They would generate even amounts of credits for the investors and get credits out to the businesses that need them. Seriously, if you think about how money works long enough, you realize that it might be possible to automate it.

These things will help bring about the society focused on creativity, thought, and fun. Forget the days of repeatative manual labor and meaningless tasks that don't enhance life.

Alas... in order to accomplish such things. I will need to become filthy rich. Will I become corrupt when I get to that point? Hopefully not. Can I even get that far? I don't know. Who wants to bet that there is a 99.9% chance that I'm just rambling?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Hmm... I almost forgot that a floating city would actually be a giant death trap... If it sunk... a bunch'o'people would be teh deadzorz. Ah well... better stick to constructing extreme location resorts.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Like an all-you-can-eat-buffet in the poorest parts of Ethiopia that doesn't let black people in?
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Fox2Fox2
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Fox2Fox2 »

Oh Lord, I feel like I need to shower after reading that.
I HATE Jack Thompson.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Good...
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Think they serve tator tots?
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

no, they will server chicken liver and pork blood.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Ox blood, hopefully?

I HATE Jack Thompson!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

No, more like monkey brains.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph