One is the loneliest number...

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: One is the loneliest number...

Post by eatcomics »

LusikkaMage wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:It's lonelier when you are the only person in an entire team of people who is motivated to work than if you were motivated alone.
Or, it sucks when you and the other lead programmer and the designer are super-busy with school, and the newbie coder ("classes scare me" -him) is trying to light a fire under our asses, and taking over the design doc and writing several more for some reason. D:
I feel sorry for you.... Why do people who know nothing about the game you're working on always try taking over it... I just show my stuff to people and their all "Dude, that's awesome... But you know what would be awesome??? If the game was in 3D!" but then it's like.... "I don't know how to do 3D things efficiently yet.." so they go... "Well I could help you with like the story and art and stuff...." so you reply "But that doesn't help me in anyway relating to this game... I can do that stuff on my own... Maybe I would try that 3D thing if you would learn to program and not get a third of the way done with something then get bored..." that's about the time they get mad and walk away.... This has happened to me like 4 times.... I only know one other programmer... sad to say he isn't into game programming. He still uses system("PAUSE") like 400 times a program and he likes to use goto.... His code looks like shit.... If he was in game programming it would probably look better, and maybe be split into headers... I'm surrounded by people who just don't understand....
</rant>.............................. :lol:
systat
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by systat »

hmm, yes, but you never opened <rant> bracket.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

systat wrote:hmm, yes, but you never opened <rant> bracket.
That's because every post since he made his account has been a rant.

Thankfully it appears to have finally come to an end. :lol:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

dandymcgee wrote:
systat wrote:hmm, yes, but you never opened <rant> bracket.
That's because every post since he made his account has been a rant.

Thankfully it appears to have finally come to an end. :lol:
My whole life had been a rant up to that end rant tag :lol: