Game Development Process

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Game Development Process

Post by davidthefat »

LOL Highschool Procrastination at its greatest... Didnt even do anything about this thing... Im even running the wrong OS, Im devving for Windows, but booted on Linux :lol:
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII

Post by Moosader »

davidthefat wrote:I think that a weight lifting game is too complicated for a first graphical game, so I think I will go with a platformer
Keep in mind that if this your first platformer, your physics are going to take a while to figure out and debug.

..."Weight lifting game?"
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by davidthefat »

Moosader wrote:
davidthefat wrote:I think that a weight lifting game is too complicated for a first graphical game, so I think I will go with a platformer
Keep in mind that if this your first platformer, your physics are going to take a while to figure out and debug.

..."Weight lifting game?"
Yea a sim, lifting has been part of my life for 2 years, and hopefully for the rest of my life, so why not do a game about that? :lol: :lol: sounds good on paper, but trying to think of all the equations and stuff, not my cup of tea for the moment
Skaruts
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: probably nothing worth mentioning
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, psp
Programming Language of Choice: what hard question..

Post by Skaruts »

From what I've been experiencing any game can be overcomplicated when it's the first graphical game. I tried making a text adventure several years ago, I never finished it but I was quite doing it.

Later I tried most of the possible starting possibilities (cloning), pong, tetris, pacman, arkanoid, platformer, top down shooter, etc, and I got stuck with all of them, except a 2 player pong (no AI for 1 player).

So I guess, just stick to an idea and do the necessary ressearch, and you should pretty much be able to do it. My problem was getting taken down when I was stuck for too long with a necessary issue.
;)